Disley Golf Club Return to Golf Guidance
29th March – 12th April
The safety and wellbeing of all members and staff is paramount, this document
will guide us through what we must do when visiting the golf club. The
measures are under constant review as government and governing bodies
evolve in line with the lifting of social restrictions between now and June.
Subject to the guidelines we have implemented the following rules from the
29th March to 12th April -
• 4 balls are allowed, the rule of 6 must be adhered to around the club.
• Members can book tee times up to 14 days in advance. These tee times
will become available at 9am; 2 weeks before the date.
• The 1st tee will be 8.00 am to allow the greenkeepers time to prepare
• There will be 10-minute time intervals.
• There will be no priority tee bookings or roll ups for members groups
until the 12th April, except 11am – 1.30pm on Thursday, which will be
reserved for ladies and 1pm – 2pm on Sundays for juniors.
• All tee times must be booked in advance, online, using the app or
through the professionals
• The clubhouse will remain closed, except for the bathroom facilities
until the 12th April. Access to the locker room to get equipment can be
arranged by contacting the professionals in advance. Contact details are
listed at the end.
• All catering and bar facilities will remain closed until the 12th April.
• The Pro shop will remain closed until the 12th April, in line with nonessential
• Members are permitted to bring guests from 29th March, we trust the
members to keep a record and pay for their guests when the pro shop
• Reciprocal agreements with other clubs will be on hold until the 12th
• Men’s competitions will return Saturday April 10th, with tee times going
live 6pm on the 26th March. All Saturday competitions will now go live 2
weeks a 1 day prior to the competition at 6pm.
• Ladies competitions will return with Lady Captains drive in date TBC.
• Wednesday competitions, that are open to all members will return on
Wednesday 14th April and tee times will go live from 12pm 2 weeks
prior (31st March)
To access the course, you must -
• Be an active member, with an up-to-date subscription or a member’s
• Not be under government isolation restrictions.
• Not have Covid – 19 symptoms.
• Have a pre booked tee time.
Booking and Arrival
• Booking a tee time is compulsory, either online, through the app or via
the professionals. If the pro shop isn’t open Scott can be contacted
• Travel independently to the club, unless playing with someone from
• Do not arrive at the golf club more than 15 minutes before your tee
• Observe social distancing when parking.
• Please avoid mixing with other in groups.
• The locker rooms will be closed.
• The trolley store will be accessible.
• Scorecards will be available in the hut behind the 1st tee.
The pro shop is due to re-open on the 12th April. Please contact Scott if you
need anything from the shop earlier. The pros will be on site regularly during
the 1st 2 weeks.
On the Course
• Avoid slow play and looking for lost balls.
• Social distancing must be observed on all parts of the golf course.
• Bunkers are currently GUR.
• Ball washers are not to be used.
• Use your own club when ringing the bell.
• Flagsticks are to remain in the hole.
• Do not move onto the next holes tee if players are still there.
• Do not use playing partners equipment.
• Do no share food and drink.
• Please refrain from handshakes.
• Groups can be waved through at a safe social distance.
• Please be aware of walkers who have got used to no golfers on the
Getting Home Safely
After the round, please exit the course and return to your car as quickly as
possible. The rule of 6 must be adhered to around the club. The clubhouse and
the facilities will remain closed until the 12th April, when outside catering will
be allowed to open.
If you have visited Disley Golf Club and after have Covid 19 symptoms, please
let the club know via email.
Sorry we have had to implement so many rules, but your safety is the most
important issue for us. We hope you enjoy your golf again and roll on the 21st
June when hopefully all rules can be lifted.
If you have any issues with the BRS booking system, please do not hesitate to
contact Mark during office hours or Scott on his mobile number.
Scott – 07766307439
Email – email@example.com